1-1 Discussion: Defining Abnormal Behavior First, introduce yourself to the class. Include your major and anything you would like to share about yourself. Then address the prompt below. In this module
Get perfect grades by consistently using www.customizedassignments.com. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
1-1 Discussion: Defining Abnormal Behavior
First, introduce yourself to the class. Include your major and anything you would like to share about yourself. Then address the prompt below.
In this module, you will explore the concept of abnormal behavior and consider why we often think of abnormal behavior as weird, uncomfortable, and difficult to define.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For your initial post, review the definition of abnormal behavior from your textbook, Abnormal Psychology, Chapter 2, and from the video, Defining Abnormality, to answer the following questions:
- How has abnormal behavior been defined throughout history?
- In your own words, how would you define abnormal behavior?
- What are some of the ways in which abnormal behavior might be defined across different cultures?
- What are some of the factors that contribute to abnormal behavior?
How do these contributing factors apply to any of the following programmatic themes? You may want to review the Programmatic Themes PDF document.
- Social justice
- Emotional intelligence
- Career connections
Remember to respond to two peers while being respectful of and sensitive to their viewpoints. Consider advancing the discussion in the following ways:
- Post an article, video, or visual to reinforce a peer’s idea or challenge them to see their point from a different perspective.
- Engage in conversation or consider asking a question from history, pop culture, the media, or other societal examples that frame abnormal behavior as being weird or uncomfortable.
To complete this assignment, review the Psychology Undergraduate Discussion Rubric. You will also need:
- Norms of Practice for Online Discussion PDF
- Ethical Usage Practices PDF