5-1 Discussion: Ethics in Advertising and Media
Each discussion is meant to be a collaborative space for conversation about the course concepts and for learning from your peers’ diverse perspectives. To ensure an interesting discussion, you are encouraged to think creatively about your initial posts and build upon the points made by your peers. It is also important to review the module resources and read the prompts in their entirety before participating in the discussion.
Discussing challenges that face our world often means investigating opinions and ideas different from your own. Remember to remain thoughtful and respectful towards your peers and instructor in your discussion post and replies.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Create one initial post and follow up with at least two response posts.
For your initial post, address the following:
- Choose a case study from the “Ethics Case Studies” resource, which is located in the module resources section. Share a link to your chosen case study so your peers and instructor can view it.
- Briefly describe the ethical issue, challenge, or dilemma in the case study.
- Each case study presents a question. Answer the question and support your response with details from the case and/or course resources.
For your response posts, address the following:
- Select two peers and review their case study analysis. What other perspectives might you offer regarding the case study? How might you interpret the case in another way or answer the question differently?
- Discuss whether we should hold advertisers, journalists, and social scientists to different ethical standards. For example, should social scientists follow stricter ethical guidelines than advertisers?
Remember, this assignment is graded on the quality of your initial post and at least two response posts to your classmates. If you refer to any sources, be sure to include an attribution (or citation) to the resource.