Adjustment Case Study
Get perfect grades by consistently using www.customizedassignments.com. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Go to NPR’s StoryCorps Website, located at http://www.npr.org/series/4516989/storycorps. Read one (1) article that was published within the last two (2) months that focuses on individuals with major adjustment issues.
Next, use the textbook and the Strayer Library to research evidence-based strategies to help with adjustment. Consider strategies that relate to stress and coping, gender, stages of life, cultural and social issues, and health.
When referencing the selected story, please use this format:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Standard Reference Format:
Title of the story [Audio file]. (Year, Month Day). Retrieved from website url.
- Title of the story [Audio file]. (Year, Month Day). Retrieved from website url.
A homeless teen finds solace in a teacher and a recording [Audio file]. (2014, March 7). Retrieved from http://www.npr.org/2014/03/07/286921391/a-homeless-teen-finds-solace-in-a-teacher-and-a-recording.
In-Text Citation Format:
The in-text citation for a selected story is an abbreviated version of the title and the year of publication. The abbreviation contains the first three words of the title.
- The in-text citation for a selected story is an abbreviated version of the title and the year of publication. The abbreviation contains the first three words of the title.
(“A homeless teen,” 2014).
When referencing the textbook, please use this format:
Standard Textbook Reference Format:
Author’s Name. (Date of publication). Title of the resource. Publisher information.
- Author’s Name. (Date of publication). Title of the resource. Publisher information.
Santrock, J. (2006). Human adjustment: 2007 custom edition. Boston, MA: McGraw-Hill.
In-Text Citation Format:
The in-text citation for the textbook is the author’s last name and year of publication.
- The in-text citation for the textbook is the author’s last name and year of publication.
Write a three to six (3-6) page paper in which you:
- Summarize one (1) article you selected from the NPR Website. The one (1) article must be from within the last two (2) months.
- Describe the major adjustment issues discussed in each story.
- Examine at least three (3) evidence-based strategies from each of the selected articles that could help the individuals in each article enhance their adjustment skills.
- Recommend the one evidence-based strategy that YOU feel is best suited for the people in the selected articles. Discuss why you recommend the strategy you chose. On what do you base your assertions?
- Cite your selected article as a source. Your textbook should be used as an additional source, for a total of two (2) sources.
Please organize your paper with subheadings as follows (each subheading should be followed by a paragraph containing the appropriate information):
- Summary of chosen article
- Major adjustment issue in chosen article
- Three (3) evidence-based strategies from chosen article
- Evidence-based strategy I feel is best suited for people in chosen article
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include a reference page containing APA-formatted references for all sources used in your paper. The reference page is not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify contextual variables (e.g., culture) that impact psychological adjustment.
- Define stress, stressors, and coping strategies, and contemplate their relationship to health and wellness.
- Identify and describe social psychological phenomena.
- Describe adult relationship, lifestyles, and issues of parenting and longevity.
- Identify gender differences and explore gender role stereotypes.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in psychology.
- Write clearly and concisely about psychology using proper writing mechanics.