American National Government
Textbook: American Democracy Now Author: Harrison Edition: 6th or 7th
1) Should the federal government have more power to require greater uniformity in laws among the various states? For example, the average felony conviction leads to 13 months in jail in South Dakota, compared to almost five years in Massachusetts. Connecticut spends twice as much on public education as does Mississippi. Do you think such disparity is unfair?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2) Were the colonists justified in their rebellion against England? If you had been there, would you have sided with the colonial elite (who wanted to maintain status quo) or with the radicals? Why?
3) Do you know the party identification of your parents? How did your parents’ opinions or attitudes about politics affect your own political opinions? Finally, what people influenced your opinions about politics?4
4) How many hours a week do you watch television? How do you think television has affected your thinking about government and politics? If you turned off your TV for a month, would it bother you?
5) Are you informed enough to make an intelligent decision when voting? Can democracy work if people are not well informed enough to understand complex issues?