Answer the following essay questions in 250 words:
1: Choose Walmart, General Electric Company, or Ford and read about the company’s history.
- What are some key events that would represent the “romantic” perspective of leadership at the company you selected?
- What are some key events that depict the “external control” perspective of leadership?
2: Select a company for which you believe its social capital—both within the company and among its suppliers and customers—is vital to its competitive advantage.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Explain why you believe its social capital is so important to its competitive advantage. Support your arguments.
3: Discuss some of the challenges that managers must overcome in making strategic alliances successful.
What are some strategic alliances with which you are familiar? Were they successful or not? Explain your answers.
4: To create value, an entrepreneurial venture must have 3 factors:
- Entrepreneurial opportunity
- The resources to undertake the opportunity
- An entrepreneur or entrepreneurial team willing to undertake the opportunity
- Discuss a failed entrepreneurship or an entrepreneurship that struggled because 1 of the 3 factors was absent or weak. Identify the missing or weak factor. How might this have been avoided or overcome?
- Share an example from personal knowledge or experience or research an example to share with the class.
5: Research what type of organizational structure the company Cisco has and their cber security sector
- In your view, is it consistent with the strategy that it has chosen to implement? Why or why not? Refer to Exhibit 10.1, “Dominant Growth Patterns of Large Corporations,” in Ch. 10 for types of organizational structures.
6: Using Cisco:
- How does the company epitomize the 6 elements of a learning organization? How might it incorporate any missing elements or improve some weaker elements to be a stronger learning organization?