Building the community for your classroom and your students will give you the opportunity to engage your students and their families. Communicating your procedures, routines, and expectations creates transparency with all stakeholders.
In the previous weeks, you completed assignments to develop knowledge and skills for effective classroom management. These assignments will inform this benchmark assignment.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Create a “Student Engagement and Classroom Management Plan” for a specific grade-level and content area that includes the following:
1) In 250-500 words, write a personal philosophy of student engagement and classroom management (adapted from your Topic 1 assignment) that includes:
- A description of your overall classroom management philosophy aligned to personal beliefs you hold that support it.
- An overview of how you will manage your learning environment in order to engage students.
- How you will collaborate with students, families, and colleagues to build a safe, positive learning climate of openness, mutual respect, support, and inquiry.
- How you will take a leadership role advocating for meeting the needs of students, and enacting system change.
2) Write a one-page letter to send to families at the beginning of the school year introducing yourself and explaining your classroom management plan and how you will maintain ongoing communication with students and families to build positive school-home relationships.
3) In 250-500 words, describe how you will actively and equitably engage students by establishing procedures, routines, and expectations. Include 4-5 specific procedures, routines, or expectations you will implement in the classroom. (These procedures or routines may be revised from previous assignments, or they may be new.)
4) Write a 100-250 word description of three strategies you plan to utilize in your future classroom that will address limiting and mitigating the effects of disruptive and off-task behaviors in the classroom, including rewards and consequences.
Support your findings with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.