Assessment Description Through managed services, you can secure a system. Enabling and disabling ports sets the precedence for inbound and outbound data to defend the network. Performing a security as
Get perfect grades by consistently using www.customizedassignments.com. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Through managed services, you can secure a system. Enabling and disabling ports sets the precedence for inbound and outbound data to defend the network. Performing a security assessment on a firewall ensures the protection of the network services.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In this lab, you will use the GVM Vulnerability Scan Report that was generated in the Vulnerability Scanning Lab.
Choose five open/closed ports and determine the applicable protocol/application.
Perform the following tasks to implement the basics of pfSense post-installation configuration:
- Update to the latest stable version.
- Set HTTPS to port 8443.
- Include the traffic graph on the dashboard.
- Disable port traffic for World of Warcraft games ports (not the World of Warcraft website). Refer to “World of Warcraft Router and Firewall Port Information,” located in the topic Resources, as needed.
- Disable inbound ICMP protocol.
- Choose a social media website and disable all domains for that website.
- Choose a video streaming website and enable all domains for that website.
- Provide screenshots of the original port scan, the traffic graph of the dashboard, the World of Warcraft disabled ports, the disabled inbound ICMP protocol, disabled domains for the social media website, enabled domains for the video streaming website, and the GVM Scan Report.
Write a 500- to 700-word lab report (to include all screenshots from Part 1) addressing the following:
- Summarize the issues encountered, lessons learned, and successes in a bullet point format.
- Describe the screenshots provided.
- Examine a specific architecture and identify potential vulnerabilities. Include a description of 2-3 vulnerabilities of the hybrid network used in this lab.
- Explore in-depth advanced and novel areas of networks and protocols. Include a description of what you learned from exploring the networks and protocols in this lab.
Make sure to support the report with at least 2 creditable resources other than the textbook.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.