Understanding peer dynamics is a very important aspect of child relationships, especially when the child reaches the teenage years. These peer group dynamics become a powerful tool for shaping behavior in positive and negative ways.
Using the module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research peer group socialization mechanisms and peer group dynamics. Then, do the following:
- Select one age group to which you want to apply your analysis of peer group socialization mechanisms and dynamics.
of the following:
- One peer-group mechanism (such as reinforcement, modeling, punishment, or apprenticeship)
- One peer-group dynamic (such as inclusion/exclusion, clique inclusionary/exclusionary techniques, bullies and victims, gangs, peer collaboration, tutoring, or counseling)
Based on your choices and research, respond to the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Explain how your chosen mechanism or dynamic for one child shapes the behavior of another. For example, how does the reinforcement of one child’s behavior impact the behavior of another child?
How could some of the following developmental tasks of your chosen age group be influenced positively or negatively by your selected mechanism or dynamic?
- Belonging needs
- Social interaction
- Getting along with others
- Moral and value development
- Personal independence
Write your initial response in a minimum of 300–400 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources, including use of in-text citations and full references. Incorporate information from at least two academic sources to support your statements or ideas. Academic sources could include your textbook, required readings for this week, or academic journal articles found in the Argosy University online library. Consider commenting on the following:
- Do you agree with your peers’ explanations of how the chosen mechanism or dynamic for one child shapes the behavior of another and influences the listed developmental tasks? Why or why not?
- Suggest an alternative explanation if the dynamic or mechanism selected by your peers is different from your choice. Give reasons for your explanations.
- Select a dynamic or mechanism different from your earlier choice and explain