Assignment: write a TV Script + accompanying short PowerPointInstructions
For this writing assignment, you are telling a great story via a tv script! You will incorporate the elements of modernism or postmodernism into this script. You may write a monologue with one character, or a dialogue between two characters. Feel free to use intertextuality, absurdity, pastiche, breaking the 4th wall, irony, or rethinking what comedy or TV is to add humor! Keep the following in mind:
- Typed Format: You may write as much as you want, but the rough draft and final draft must be at least 500 words. Type your scene single-spaced, only including an extra line between speakers, in Times New Roman 12 point font. At the top left of the first page, include your name, the class name, Professor Burns, and date.
- Script format: Give the character(s) a name, which should appear in BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS before each of their lines (only once is necessary for a monologue).
- Setting: The story should take place in one place and time. Characters may talk about events in the past or future, but the scene itself should take place in one location and one scene. There should be no notes about location changes or time passing, such as (an hour later) or (they get out of the car and go into the club).
- Characters: If you write a monologue, it should be a story for one person to tell in the first person. If you write a scene, it should be for 2 characters at most.
- Editing: Since this is a story rather than an essay, the language may be less formal. However, you must edit your work for spelling, capitalization, typos, etc., to be sure your story is clear!
- DO NOT use the internet or any other sources for this assignment. The story should come entirely from your imagination or experience.
- In addition to the script, you will be required to present two PowerPoint slides that illustrate which element of modernism or postmodernism you employed.
- Assignments must be submitted by the assigned due date in order to be eligible for a rewrite. Late assignments lose 1 point per day. If you have any questions, let me know!