Belsky, J. (1999).
The psychology of aging
(3rd ed.). Cengage. ISBN: 9780534359126.
One of the most widely studied aspects of the psychology of aging is intelligence. For this assignment, we will discuss this topic in more detail and examine its multi-faceted nature.
- Discuss the characteristics of the two basic types of intelligence: crystallized intelligence and fluid intelligence. What are the core principles of each? How are they similar, and in what ways are they different?
- Using Figure 6-1 as a reference, describe the significance of the Seattle Longitudinal Study. What did the results of this study demonstrate? How has it helped us to understand the mental abilities of the elderly?
Examine the following forces related to age-related intelligence, and discuss the impact of each in explaining IQ loss in older adults:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Impact of Speed
- Impact of Illness
- Impact of Mental Stimulation
New conceptions of Adult Intelligence – examine each of the theories below and explain how they are revolutionizing the study of adult intelligence:
- Sternberg’s Tests of Practical Intelligence
- Denney’s Unexercised and Exercised Abilities
- Neo-Piagetian Perspective on Adult Intelligence
Your assignment should be three- to four-pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and should include a minimum of three scholarly sources that were published within the past five years and that are cited according to APA format