Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The IT infrastructure of your organization consists of three storage arrays direct-attached to a heterogeneous mix of 45 servers. All servers are dual-attached to the arrays for high availability. Because each storage array has 32 front-end ports, each could support a maximum of 16 servers. However, each existing storage array has the disk capacity to support a maximum of 32 servers. The organization plans to purchase 45 more servers to meet its growth requirements. If it continues using direct-attached storage, the organization needs to purchase additional storage arrays to connect these new servers. The existing storage arrays are poorly utilized; therefore, it plans to implement FC SAN to overcome the scalability and utilization challenges. The organization uses high-performance applications; therefore, it wants to minimize the hop count for the server’s access to storage.
Directions: Read parts 1 through 3 before you begin. When you have read the instructions, you may begin the assignment. In your submission, make sure to label each set of answers as Part 1 or Part 2 in your Word document that you submit. Part 3 will be contained in a Visio .vsd file.
Propose a switched fabric topology to address the organization’s challenges and requirements. Justify your choice of the fabric topology. If 72-port switches are available for FC SAN implementation, determine the minimum number of switches required in the fabric. How many switches will be required?
Read Chapter 5, Sections 5.6.2 through 5.8 in your textbook and view the YouTube video below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXaUMGzGP-k (Links to an external site.)
Directions: Using your own words, answer the following questions in complete sentences.
- What is a World Wide Node Name?
- How many bits are in a World Wide Node Name?
- Name the 3 distinct parts of WWNN.
- According to the video, what is the total number of WWNN addresses available?
- What is an N-PORT?
- What is an F_PORT?
- What is a FLOGI?
- What is a PLOGI?
- Compute the total number of server ports = (# of ports per server) x (# switches)
- Compute the number of array ports = (array ports per array) x (# of arrays)
- Compute the number of switches needed at the core (array level) = (total # array ports) / (# port per switch) Note: Having more ports available than needed is OK.
- Compute the number of switches for servers required = (total # of ports for servers) / (#ports per switch)
- Make sure you have enough switch ports to create a mesh network. Every switch should be connected to every other switch.
Using XenDesktop, open the Visio software program and draw a simple drawing to show your fabric design. It should include each switch and the fibre connections. Make sure to clearly label and identify each component.