Imagine you are employed by a large city police department as the leader of the digital forensics division. A large corporation in the city has contacted the police for assistance in investigating its concerns that the company Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has been using company money to fund personal travel, gifts, and other expenses. As per the company security director, potential evidence collected thus far includes emails, bank statements, cancelled checks, a laptop, and a mobile device.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page plan report in which you:
- Explain the processes you would use to seize, search, collect, store, and transport devices and other potential sources of evidence.
- Indicate the personnel resources needed for the investigation and assess why you believe this amount of resources is warranted.
- List the initial questions you would have for the security director regarding the company’s email environment and explain the tasks you would consider performing for this portion of the investigation.
- Create an outline of the steps you would take to ensure that if a trial were brought against the CFO, the evidence collected would be admissible in the court of law.
- Determine the potential evidence (including logs, devices, etc.) you would request from the company security director based on what she has identified and identify the other data sources you might consider reviewing.
- Explicate the tools you would use for this investigation based on the potential evidence the company security director has already identified, as well as any other potential sources of evidence you might review.
- Describe the procedure and tool(s) you would consider utilizing for acquiring potential evidence from the CFO’s mobile device.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.