CRITICALLY EVALUATE THEORIES, METHODS, AND RESEARCH IN CROSS-CULTURAL AWARENESS
Get perfect grades by consistently using www.customizedassignments.com. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Executive Summary Presentation
Prepare a presentation of your executive summary project paper using PowerPoint with voice over or another presentation software. The presentation should be a 3–5 minute overview of your research findings as well as key observations and conclusions you reached in your analysis of the literature
This final executive summary addresses the following course competencies:
- Competency 1: Critically evaluate theories, methods, and research in cross-cultural awareness.
- Competency 2: Analyze the influence of culture on attitudes, values, perception, human behavior, and interpersonal relations.
- Competency 3: Analyze the ethical codes and legal standards related to multicultural issues in the workplace and the community.
- Competency 4: Explain how staying abreast with contemporary cultural diversity issues and research will improve the delivery of public safety.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the public safety and emergency management professions.
The course project allows you to demonstrate your command of the literature, your skills in presenting complex information in both written and oral formats, and your skill and ability to utilize research to solve issues of the profession. As a means to demonstrate the aforementioned skills, you are required to create an executive summary that provides a solution to any pertinent issue of ethnicity, gendered race, multiculturalism, and so on, identified in the course (discussion board, assigned readings, or self-selected journal articles). The executive summary should be written as if you were informing a superior or client of a potential issue within the organization. Thus, the focus of the report is to provide a solution to a self-identified issue. The issue may be of your own choosing as long as it is relevant to the course. If you are unsure if your issue is appropriate, please contact your instructor.
The final executive summary should address the following topics:
- Identify an issue involving any aspect or issue of ethnic, age, or gender diversity that was covered in the course. (Again, contact your instructor if you need assistance).
- Provide the historical context of your selected issue—the history of the issue, research addressing the issue, and so on. (In other words, why is it an issue and who says it is an issue.)
- From the literature, provide possible solutions to resolve your selected issue—how to actively apply these solutions within the profession.
- Critically evaluate the theories, methods, and research used within the summary.
- Analyze the influence of culture on attitudes, values, perception, human behavior, and interpersonal relations pertinent to your chosen solution.
- Analyze the ethical codes and legal standards related to multicultural issues in the workplace and the community and how they are pertinent to your chosen issue.
- Explain how staying abreast of contemporary cultural diversity issues and research will improve the delivery of public safety with regard to your chosen issue.
You are required to use references to support your perspectives. All citations and references should be in APA sixth edition style and formatting. The assignment should demonstrate your ability to build knowledge by incorporating research applications, critical thinking, personal experiences, and contemporary issues related to public safety. The assignment must be completed on time for full credit. Late assignments will be accepted at the discretion of the instructor, but will be penalized for being tardy.
- Font: 12 point Times or Times New Roman, double-spaced.
- Writing: Each paragraph will include at least one introduction sentence, one or more body sentences and either a conclusion or transition sentence. Writing should be clear, organized, and free of errors; it should also follow professional standards.
- Research: To provide evidence of becoming a master of the literature, your paper must include at least seven citations beyond textbooks and articles assigned as readings in this class.
- Length: 20 pages with references.
- Format: Follow APA sixth edition style and formatting requirements.
- Content: Your paper must include a title page, an introduction, body, conclusion, and a reference page.
- Elements of Paper: Include the following components. Consult the Elements of an APA Essay section of the Writing Center’s APA Style and Formatting page for details.
- Cover page.
- Running head.
- Page numbers.
- Abstract or introduction.