Developing diverse knowledge about other populations helps improve cultural competency. This competency can be developed through independent reading, attendance at relevant seminars, or supervision from professionals in the field with appropriate backgrounds. Cultural competency is important to the assessment process.
Review the American Counseling Association (ACA) Code of Ethics at the following:
- American Counseling Association. (2005). ACA code of ethics. Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/Resources/aca-code-of-ethics.pdf
Respond to the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- 1. How would you define cultural competency?
- 2. Why is cultural competency important for substance abuse counselors?
- 3. How would you acquire this skill?
- 4. Which ACA ethics codes discuss cultural competency, and what measures should counselors take to prevent ethical code violations in these areas?
Support your responses using your module readings and authoritative resources. Incorporate theory and factual information in your response.