Discussion With the Professional Practice Experience Practicum Specialist[WLO: 2] [CLOs: 4, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, watch the video HIM450 | Practicum Links to an external site., and review the resources available in the BSHIM Practicum Resource Center, specifically the Professional Practice Experience Handbook Download Professional Practice Experience Handbook.
Important Note: This week, you will complete and turn in this assignment on Day 7.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Complete the following:
- After you have your conversation with the Practicum Specialist, you will complete your form about your sites.
Submit the completed form to Waypoint.
- At the end of your conversation with the practicum specialist, you will receive a PDF of a map of local facilities in your area. Upload this document to Waypoint in addition to the form.
- Save this completed form in a location that you can easily access, so you can reference it as you begin to contact sites.
The Discussion with the Professional Practice Experience Practicum Specialist assignment,
- Must include your name and the date of your discussion with the practicum specialist at the top of the Professional Practice Experience (PPE) Discussion Form.
- Must have both parts of the Professional Practice Experience (PPE) Discussion Form Download Professional Practice Experience (PPE) Discussion Formcompleted.
- Must include the PDF of the map of local facilities provided by the practicum specialist.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric Links to an external site.for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Discussion With the Professional Practice Experience Practicum Specialist[WLO: 2] [CLOs: 4, 5] Prior to beginning work on this assignment, watch the video HIM450 | Practicum Links to an external site.
B.S. Health Information Management Professional Practice Experience Form Professional Practice Experience (PPE) Discussion Form Name Click or tap to enter your name. Date of Discussion Instructions Complete Part A of this form prior to your discussion with the Practicum Specialist. Complete Part B during or after your discussion with the Practicum Specialist. Once complete, upload this document to Waypoint. Form Part A – PPE Areas of Interest Part of your PPE requirement is to complete four projects at the site. While you do not need to select or identify projects to complete now, it may be helpful to identify areas of interest that are most applicable to your career goals and skill-building goals. By doing this, the Practicum Specialist can assist you with selecting PPE sites that align with your interests. Use the table below to identify. Select 4 areas of interest and explain why you may be interested in each area. Reflect back on your courses and the coursework you completed to help you identify areas of interest most applicable to your career goals and skill-building goals. If you use began completing your HIM Program Toolkit, you can also use it to help you identify areas of interest. Important Note: The areas of interests, listed in the dropdown menu in the table below, align with The Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM) competencies: Data Governance, Content, and Structure Information Protection: Access, Use, Disclosure, Privacy, and Security Informatics, Analytics, and Data Use Revenue Cycle Management Health Law & Compliance Organizational Management & Leadership Area of Interest Explanation for Interest 1