the story is:
TJ secretly enjoys pornography. He gets a great deal of gratification out of viewing Internet pornography and masturbating, though he always acts behind closed doors and believes that his actions have no effect on others. He justifies his behavior by saying, ‘Who am I harming?’
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Then he discovers a statistic on the Global Initiative to Fight Human Trafficking website (http://www.unglobalcompact.org/docs/issues_doc/labour/Forced_labour/HUMAN_TRAFFICKING_-_THE_FACTS_-_final.pdf) stating that 43% of human trafficking victims are used for forced commercial sexual exploitation, of whom 98% are women and girls, and that the pornography business is a multibillion dollar industry (Global Initiative, n.d.).
His freedom to view pornography is now at odds with harm to himself (addiction) and others (abuse through forced trafficking and media exploitation). (More information can be found at http://www.lifeissues.net/writers/may/may_17pornographycost.html, which is a report by William May called “The Social Costs of Pornography” provided by the Witherspoon Institute out of Princeton [May, 2010].)
How should TJ respond? Should he maintain his lifestyle because of his freedom of choice or should he change his behavior because of the harm done? What is his responsibility for the harm that the pornography industry can cause, even if he himself is not directly harming someone else?
I need the following to be
In this assignment you will analyze the implications of an ethical issue according to your worldview.
Write a 1,000-1,500-word essay in which you analyze ethical thinking and use values-based decision making to address a case study from the perspective of the Christian worldview as compared to your own worldview assumptions. Choose one case study from the five options listed on “Ethical Dilemmas.”
After an appropriate introductory paragraph with thesis statement, in which you name the scenario you are choosing, address each of the following six sections with at least one paragraph each. Use the underlined titles for each of your heading.
- Ethical Dilemma: Briefly describe the ethical dilemma in your own words, including (a) What in the scenario makes it difficult to make an ethical decision? and (b) Name at least two options for resolving the scenario, providing a brief overview of what sort of ethical decisions each option might make.
- Core Beliefs: What beliefs about God and humanity from the Christian worldview are relevant to the scenario? How might these core worldview commitments of Christians influence one’s decision making with regard to this scenario?
- Resolution: Describe the Christian worldview’s proposal for resolving the ethical dilemma. How should the person in the scenario act, according to the Christian worldview? What is the best course of action for a Christian? (Note: The resolution should be consistent with Christian worldview commitments.)
- Evaluation: What might be the unintended consequences and perceived benefits of the resolution proposed by the Christian worldview?
- Comparison: How does the Christian worldview’s resolution compare to another option?
- Conclusion: Synthesize the main points, pulling the ideas of the paper together.
- Referencesaddressed in the paper