Final Case StudyImportant reminder
You must post a complete draft of your Final Case Study assignment in the Unit 10 discussion before midnight (CST) on Monday of Week 10. Be advised that you will only receive feedback on your Unit 10 assignment draft from your peers. Use the instructor feedback from your Unit 4 and Unit 6 assignments as well as your peer feedback from the Unit 10 discussion to create a stellar course project.IntroductionEthical dilemmas often have a cultural nuance that adds another layer to an already difficult situation. Multicultural issues can certainly affect ethical decision-making and reasoning and vice versa. For this final course assignment, you will combine what you learned about navigating multicultural issues with what you learned about ethical standards and how they apply to real professional conflicts.You will revise the multicultural case study you created in Unit 4 based on instructor feedback and expand it to introduce an ethical dilemma stemming from the cultural conflict. Then, you will use research, industry best practices, and professional guidelines to resolve the ethical dilemma. You will also evaluate the utility of ethical decision-making models.Please review the course project overview to ensure that you understand how all the course assignments interconnect.InstructionsTo complete this assignment:
Revise the multicultural case study you developed in Unit 4 to incorporate instructor feedback.
- If you wish, you may instead create an entirely new case study that meets the criteria for this assignment. Again, while your case will be fictional, it must be credible and realistic based on your psychology specialization. To create an effective resolution, reflect on your responses to the course discussion questions and review the recommendations made on your posts by peers.
- Create a case involving an ethical dilemma and cultural conflict or conflicts that could arise in your psychology specialization.
- Use the Final Case Study Template linked in Resources to build a PowerPoint presentation that includes the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Enter a descriptive title of approximately 5–15 words that concisely communicates the heart of the case study. It should stir interest while maintaining professional decorum.
- Enter your name, a job title, and an organization that would fit with your case study. Like the case study itself, these last two elements may be fictional.
Case Study Overview slides
: Provide the briefest possible narrative description of the case. Additional supporting details and references may be added in the notes section below the slide. Include:
- The professional setting of the case, based on your psychology specialization.
The relationship that exists between you and the other people, agency, business, or institution involved. Some possible examples may be:
- Clinical supervisor-Student intern.
- Administrative supervisor-Employee.
- A very brief summation of an ethical dilemma involving cultural conflicts.
Cultural Differences slides
: On the table provided, list side by side the main cultural identities from the Hays model, relevant to the case study conflict, of yourself and another person, agency, business, or institution in the case study.
- If more than one person, agency, business, or institution is involved in the case, copy this slide for each one to compare yourself to all others involved.
In the notes section:
- Identify common concerns with each cultural identity. Be careful to avoid using stereotypes.
- Analyze how cultural differences contributed to the conflict in this case.
Identify two relevant biases you have or had and at least one strategy for improving your cultural competency around each of those biases. Note: This slide may be reused from the Unit 4 assignment, but if you received suggestions for improving it, be sure to do so.
Ethical Concerns slides
: Bullet point the three or more ethical concerns in the case and apply one or more ethical standard to each concern. Additional supporting details and references may be added in the notes section below the slide. Be sure to link to elements of the code.
Comparison of Ethical Theories slides
: In the first row of the table provided, enter the names of two ethical theories that you think would be the most appropriate for the situations in the case. In the following rows, enter comparisons of the relevant features of the two theories. In the notes section, evaluate which theory provides a more functional framework for your case and explain why. (Remember that ethical theories and ethical decision-making models are two different things. Please make sure that you are applying, comparing, and contrasting two ethical theories).
Ethical Decision-Making Model slides
- Identify each step in the model. Under each step of the model, apply it to your case.
- Incorporate multicultural issues presented in the case study within the selected ethical decision-making model.
- Copy this slide as needed, and combine steps on the slides as necessary or appropriate. In the notes section, write out supporting narrative details for your bullet points. (Bear in mind that ethical theories and ethical decision-making models are two different things. Please make sure that you are applying the steps of the ethical decision-making model to your case).
Best Practices for Working With [Cultural Identity] slides
- Identify best practices for working with at least two cultural identities related to this case.
- Analyze, briefly, how each best practice could help you navigate this particular relationship and conflict.
- Use the notes section to describe the best practice in more detail and elaborate as needed on your analysis of how the best practice could help you navigate the relationship and conflict.
- Note: This slide may be reused from the Unit 4 assignment, but if you received suggestions for improving it, be sure to revise it.
Proposed Resolution slide
: Use bullet points to summarize your proposed resolution to the ethical dilemmas in the case. In the notes section, write out supporting narrative details for your bullet points.
: Use current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Additional Requirements
Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
Use the Final Case Study Template provided. Use current APA style and formatting guidelines as applicable to this assignment.
: You must cite at least 10 scholarly research articles, which can include those used in previous assignments.
Length of PowerPoint
: 12 slides minimum.
: You may cite reputable sources from websites, books, textbooks, and assigned resources but these will not count toward the 10 required scholarly research references.
- Submit your Final Case Study PowerPoint file no later than 11:59 p.m. (CST) on Friday.Resources
- Final Case Study Scoring Guide.
- Guidelines for Effective PowerPoint Presentations [PPTX].
- Final Case Study Template [PPTX].
- APA Style and Format.
- Capella University Library.
- Capella Writing Center.
- Revise the multicultural case study you developed in Unit 4 to incorporate instructor feedback.
Toggle Drawer[u10d1] Unit 10 Discussion 1Peer ReviewTo complete this discussion:
- Attach a complete draft of your Final Case Study assignment to this discussion by midnight (CST) on Monday of Week 10.
- Provide detailed feedback to one of your peers on his or assignment by midnight (CST) on Thursday of Week 10. It is important to respond to a discussion post that has not yet had a response. After you receive feedback from your peer, you should take it into account as you finalize your Unit 10 assignment, Final Case Study.
- Response GuidelinesYour peer review should be at least 400 words and address the following:
- Is the case study clearly described using current terminology from the field of ethics and multicultural issues? Summarize in one or two sentences how your peer did this, and identify the slides that covered this requirement.
- What cultural issues did your peer identify? Evaluate the applicability of the facets identified to the issues. Are these issues pertinent to the approach that your peer offers later in the PowerPoint? What other cultural contexts might be applicable? How clearly are they presented?
- What ethical or legal considerations are identified? Are there any pertinent ethical or legal considerations that your peer has not incorporated? Are there specific links to the codes?
- How well did your peer use the notes section in the PowerPoint to support his or her argument?
- How many research articles are included? (10 peer-reviewed journal articles in addition to any other resources are required.) How well did your peer support his or her writing with citations in the notes?
- How would you summarize the recommendations your peer made for addressing the issue at hand? Are these recommendations supported with recent, peer-reviewed evidence? Suggest revisions or additions that would make your peer’s argument more effective. Alternatively, offer a recommendation to mitigate the issue addressed in the presentation.
- Does your peer’s logic hold up across the presentation? Can you follow the argument? Are you convinced by the argument, based on the evidence and the way that your peer put the material together?
- What is the most effective or convincing part of the presentation? What is the weakest part of the presentation? Be specific so that revisions can be completed effectively and efficiently.
- Learning ComponentsThis activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
- Describe ethical dilemmas in psychology practice.
- Identify types of cultural conflict.
- Identify types of cultural differences.
- Identify types of bias.
- Investigate professional ethical standards.
- Apply ethical theory to practice.
- Employ ethical decision-making models to practice.
- Identify research-based best practices related to culture.
- Brainstorm potential solutions for ethical challenges.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Thousands of students and professionals rely on us for their writing tasks to achieve their goals in academic life. Our services are offered as a fusion of quality, affordability, reliability, and utmost dedication.
We accept major payment methods.
CONTACT US TODAY
SMS or WhatsApp
+1 (940) 305-2632