For this assignment, you will be creating a dynamic, 10-12 slide PowerPoint presentation with the use of speaker notes to establish your comprehension of Multiple Intelligences Theory and the role it plays in education. Your presentation must be creative and engaging and adhere to the grading criteria. While constructing your presentation, keep in mind strategies for advanced students, as well as students with special learning needs. Additionally, do not forget to look for ways to engage those learners who may be twice exceptional, having high intellect, but who are also challenged in other areas.Your presentation must include the following:
- A definition of intelligence.
- An overview and analysis of Multiple Intelligences Theory.
- An evaluation of implications of Multiple Intelligence Theory for classroom instruction.
- Clear descriptions of each of Gardner’s 8 Multiple Intelligences (new research suggests a possible 9th intelligence – you may or may not include this – your choice).
- A discussion of how intelligence tests do or do not align with and/or effectively measure each of the intelligences contained in Multiple Intelligences Theory.
- An analysis of how Multiple Intelligences Theory can help teachers to create and implement appropriate strategies to better meet the learning needs of diverse students.
- Specific examples of instructional and assessment strategies that address Multiple Intelligences.
- A discussion of how cultural bias can impact teaching and learning in the classroom as it relates to Multiple Intelligences.
In addition, you must use research to support your presentation content (at least five sources, at least three of which must be from the last five – ten years). Your presentation must demonstrate an attention to addressing Multiple Intelligences in the delivery of your information (examples might be including graphics for visual learners, musical themes, activities or demonstrations via video, or asking participants to explore a tool or website, etc.). In addition to the 10 – 12 content slides, you must also include a title slide and reference slide.