Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Would you kindly answer the questions below one paragraph each. pales use this Source.pdf to answer the questions.
1. Contrast the organization of the
Chinese Courtyard Home with the Japanese Minka.
2. In a short paragraph, compare Gian
Lorenzo Bernini’s and Charles Perrault’s designs for the Louvre. Why was
Bernini’s proposal rejected?
3. We know that written treatises were
influential in both Asian and European design traditions. Give a few examples
of how the Roman Vitruvius’ Ten Books on Architecture and the Chinese Kao Gong
Ji affected architectural and/or urban developments.
4. How does the idea of Absolutism play
out in architecture/design? List and describe an example from at least two
traditions that reveals the underlying political structure in design.
5. Pope Sixtus V is known for what?
Discuss his ideas (what was he trying to do?) and why his simple plan was so
fundamental to the development of the city of Rome.
6. Discuss the pyramid as a building
form in Mesoamerican architecture. What was the symbolic intent?
7. How is ornament (painting,
sculpture, structural elements) used in the architectures we’ve studied?
Consider the Mayan stelae, the Chinese and Japanese bracketing systems, or
Italian Baroque sculpture. Select one of these and discuss what the decoration
reveals about the culture and its approach to design.
8. Compare and Contrast the Arts &
Crafts and Art Nouveau Movements. Be specific.
9. How did industrialization affect the
field of architecture? Consider this question from as many perspectives as you
10. Define the term “rationalism” as it
applies to design. Be specific. 11. Define the term “romanticism” as it applies
to design. Be specific.
12. Consider the Picturesque Movement.
Where did it originate, what influenced it, and what were its primary tenets?
Be sure to give an example of how these ideas were manifested in the built
13. In his Contrasts and The True Principles…, A. W. N. Pugin set
out a series of comparisons. What were his goals in this book?
14. What does William Morris lay out in
his Arts & Crafts Manifesto? What is he responding to? And, what are his