In the “Benchmark – Impact Analysis Part 1: Information Acquisition” assignment, you wrote a compliance report to the CIO from a legal standpoint. In this part of the impact analysis, you will gauge and evaluate your chosen organization’s current state of security and protection protocols and mechanisms.
Write a 1,400- to 1,600-word report that will be reviewed by the CIO and System Security Authority (SSA), addressing the following:
- Identify gaps when security measures fail, challenges, and opportunities for improvement by conducting a thorough audit.
- Examine concepts of privacy and the effects the internet has on privacy.
- Identify the industry-specific cyber laws in relation to inquiries and incidents to obtain data and evidence.
- Assess the critical information infrastructure and determine the configuration of physical assets, logical controls, data storage and encryption, firewalls, servers, routers, switches, hubs, and so forth to be compliant.
- Identify at least ten key auditable elements that would help determine the current state of the organization’s cybersecurity posture. Explain the relevance of each element to the security and protection protocols and mechanisms.
- Indicate the legal elements and liability (costs) that the industry may encounter for noncompliance.
Note: Retain a copy of this assignment for the Business Continuity Plan, which will be finalized and submitted in either CYB-690 or ITT-660, depending on your major.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.