Get perfect grades by consistently using www.customizedassignments.com. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The Health Information Exchange Organization (HIEO) was launched several years ago with the goal of helping lowering the state’s staggering healthcare expenses and improve the state’s consistent poor rankings in leading health indicators, including obesity, smoking, diabetes and heart disease. Improving healthcare through enhanced use of information technology and data exchange is the heart of what we do. We manage one of the country’s largest and most successful health information exchange (HIE) networks, provide advisory services that help healthcare professionals effectively use technology and improve care delivery, and supply health plans and accountable care organizations (ACOs) with valuable data that enhance analytics and population health programs. We’ve been in existence for several years and now have the majority of the state’s hospital providers and have many physician, reference lab, diagnostic radiology centers, mental health providers and other providers participating in our exchange. All participating organizations send electronic health information to the exchange including hospital transcribed documents (H&Ps, Discharge Summaries, Operative Reports, etc.), lab results, diagnostic radiology results and other clinical documentation.
Use APA FORMAT FOR ALL REFERENCES
The Information Governance(IG) program has created new synergy and partnership in managing information that supports care delivery for HIEO participants. Providers have a broader clinical profile that supports population health and works to decrease costs. Patient matching tools and initiatives have been implemented which has significantly improved the provider experience, patient experience, decreased the need for redundant testing and improved the care continuum for the patient.
Deliverables: Submit one (1) single presentation
- Identify and develop a methodology to collect data that will guide or influence strategic and/or organizational management. Identify key data points, rates, indicators that can be used to measure EMPI data quality.
- This effective exchange of medical information amongst HIEO members relies on their trusting that each patient has one and only one unique identifier within the HIEO system. Management of the HIEO’s Enterprise Master Person/Patient Index (E/MPI) is a key strategic activity because the E/MPI is the backbone of the HIEO’s clinical repository The Enterprise Data Integrity Team is accountable to the HIEO Information Governance Committee. Describe those individuals/ departments that should be involved and define what each of their roles are. Define the purpose and the value to the organization of an Enterprise Data Integrity team. Explain the Enterprise Data Integrity team’s accountability within the enterprise.
- Create an organizational guideline to measure data quality checks that promote the accuracy of cross-organizational patient identity matching. Define the organizational burden and accountability for each HIEO member to assure integrity, completeness and accuracy of patient identity data.
- Prepare an HIEO policy which provides clear guidance to all contributors in the HIEO on the use of patient consent. Use the statutory guidance for consent in your state in developing the policy. Is your state assumed to have patient consent “opt in” unless they specifically decline or is your state an “opt out” which assumes no consent for disclosure unless a consent has been signed. In the policy, discuss how the consent value is managed by the contributing parties, e.g., collected, stored, updated and sent to the HIE. Identify any other specific types of consent values which need to be considered for consent management (e.g., 42 CFR part 2 and others specific to your state such as HIV, STD, genetic testing).
- Create a business flow chart which identifies and describes the accountable owner, information source system and transaction flow to the HIEO; see attachment A as an example of an HIE transactional database. Identify and describe the inbound and outbound interface transactions