Information System Management and eCommerce
Get perfect grades by consistently using www.customizedassignments.com. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
The company you researching on is Costco. Please be sure you have good knowledge about the work and can research well. This work should be free on grammatical error. I have attached the Rubric to this post.Please make sure you following the rubric.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
You have been appointed the CIO at Costco. Your job is to analyze the “as is” state of the organization’s information system and recommend changes wherever you see fit. Analyses and recommended changes will be done based on concepts learned throughout the course.
a. Submit a one-paragraph proposal that introduces the company Costco and analyze why you think this is a good match for this project.Research the organization well. Please remember you are analyzing the organization information systems and E-commerce so please make sure your paper is focused on these areas.
b. eCommerce, Database Systems, Security Policies, Customer Privacy Protection, Business Continuity Planning, and Recommendations
To complete your Portfolio Project, analyze Costco on the following areas and provide detailed recommendations.
- eCommerce presence
- What model they utilize?
- Are they utilizing mCommerce? If yes, explain. If not, explain why they would benefit from it.
- Database systems utilized
- Security policies
- Customer privacy protection
- Business continuity planning
- Briefly describe how continuity planning has prepared the business to deal with the following threats: internal threats, theft, unintentional or intentional data corruption, staff-related issues (strikes, illnesses, weather related, etc.), natural disasters, infrastructure failures, terrorist attacks. (Consider the four planning steps recommended by the Department of Homeland Security when analyzing the business continuity planning for the organization.)
- Identify gaps that require further attention by the organization.
- System development method: What system development method would you recommend and why?
- Off-the-shelf vs. custom software: Describe what would be the advantages and disadvantages of utilizing off-the-shelf software versus building customized software, considering your organization’s needs, and recommend the one you think would be more feasible.
- New technology: Recommend at least one new technology the organization is not using that you think might benefit them. Describe how that technology works. If that new technology was to replace an existing technology or system, what cutover approach would you recommend and why?
Your final Portfolio Project must be 8-10 pages in length (double-spaced, not including cover and reference pages) and written according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA. Include headings for each of the major components required in this milestone and integrate support for this section of your paper from three to four additional scholarly sources (minimum of six) – the “Best Bet Databases for Information System Management” resource from the CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources. Review the Portfolio Project Rubric in the Module 8 folder for specific grading criteria.