At some point in your career you might find yourself sitting on a committee or leading one. This would be an important opportunity to flex your note-taking skills and then showcase your ability to convert these notes into official meeting minutes. Minutes are one of the ways to keep track of what is discussed at meetings and ensure action points are followed through on. Meeting minutes may seem to be insignificant, but are actually official documents of the company and can be subpoenaed as evidence in a court of law. An essential skill for any manager is to know how to write minutes, what should be contained in them (as well as what should not be contained in them), and how to format them for presentation.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Your task is to create an informal report. You will watch a video of a mock meeting (in the “Watch It” box below) and create a word document version of the meeting minutes. You will turn this assignment in below.
- Date and Time
- Name of attendees
- Acceptance or corrections to previous meeting minutes
- Actions to be taken including the next steps
- The person assigned to each action
- Checkpoint on tasks/progress
- The voting outcomes (if there are any)
This meeting took place on January 28th, 2016, at 3pm. The participant’s names are Sarah, Eleanor, and Julie. Click here to read a transcript of this video.
- Watch this video (or read the transcript): 5 Minutes on Taking Minutes
- Examples of meeting minutes:
LICENSES AND ATTRIBUTIONS
CC LICENSED CONTENT, ORIGINAL
- Assignment: Reports. Provided by: Lumen Learning. License: CC BY: Attribution
CC LICENSED CONTENT, SHARED PREVIOUSLY
- Mock Meeting for Minute Taking. Authored by: learn4lifewithmrsb. Provided by: YouTube. Located at: Mock Meeting for Minute Taking. License: CC BY: Attribution
- 5 minutes on Taking Minutes. Authored by: Lianza. Provided by: Lianza. Located at: https://lianza.org.nz/5-minutes-taking-minutes. License: CC BY: Attribution