Module1: 2 assignments
Get perfect grades by consistently using www.customizedassignments.com. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
- M1 Assignment 1 DiscussionDiscussion Topic
Due June 14 at 11:59 PM
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Assignment 1: Opening Discussion—Introduction to Classmates and This Course
Begin this assignment by introducing yourself to classmates. Cover the following items in your introductory note:
- Provide an autobiographical statement that includes your name, current occupation, prior education/degrees, and other information such as interests, hobbies, etc. that will introduce you to your instructor and classmates.
- Explain your background with statistics. How have you used statistics prior to this course?
- How do you think statistics can be used in business? Be sure to give some examples.
By the due date assigned, post your responses to the appropriate Discussion Area. Continue to get to know your peers and contribute to our discussion on how statistics can be used in business through the end of module.This assignment is required but ungraded.
- M1 Assignment 2 DiscussionDiscussion Topic
Due June 16 at 11:59 PM
Assignment 2: Discussion—Using Business Analytics
Many organizations today do not utilize business analytics to help them with their decision-making processes. For some organizations, it could be a lack of knowledge about how to apply it, and for other organizations, it could be a lack of technology. When managers do not feel applying business analytics is worth their time or they feel that it is too complicated, they will not utilize it. If you were to work for a company that did not utilize business analytics, how would you convince them that they should?Using the Argosy University online library resources and the Internet, research the benefits and challenges of implementing business analytics.Respond to the following questions:
- How do you think business analytics can help your current organization with their decision-making processes?
- What challenges do you anticipate in getting your organization to implement and utilize business analytics?
- How would you approach management in regards to getting them to implement business analytics?
- Why should you have an understanding of statistics in order to utilize and implement business analytics?
- What would be some challenges in using business analytics?
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.By the due date assinged, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through the end of the module, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses. Consider the following in your response:
- Provide a statement of clarification or a point of view with rationale.
- Challenge a point of discussion or draw a relationship between one or more points of the discussion.
Grading Criteria and RubricAll discussion assignments in this course will be graded using a rubric. Download the discussion rubric and carefully read it to understand the expectations.
Grading Criteria Maximum Points Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions 16 Quality of responses to classmates 12 Frequency of responses to classmates 4 Reference to supporting readings and other materials 4 Language and grammar 4 Total: 40
- M1 Assignment 3 SubmissionAssignment
Overdue – June 20 at 11:59 PM
Assignment 3: Benefits of Business Analytics
Business analytics can provide a significant benefit to organizations. If organization staffs use business analytics and analyze data correctly, they will be able to make informed decisions that will benefit the organization in many ways. They could use it to make decisions to address not only short-term company goals but also long-term strategic planning.Access this site and choose two companies for analysis. Using the Argosy University online library and Internet, select at least two trade sources about these two companies to analyze statistics with performance.Respond to the following questions:
- Compare and contrast the two companies in terms of analytics to understand their positions in the industry.
- Provide your rationale as to whether or not the use of data analytics would help each of the companies accomplish its goals.
- Describe the challenges the companies’ staffs may have faced by using business analytics.
Make assumptions based on company histories where required. Utilize at least 2 trade sources in support of your assertions.Make sure you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources; display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.Write a 3–4-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A3.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M1_A3.doc.By the due date assigned, deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area.Grading Criteria
Assignment Components Proficient Maximum Points Compare and contrast the two companies in terms of their use of business analytics to understand their position in the industry. The effects one of two businesses using business analytics is clearly differentiated. 28 Provide your rationale as to whether or not the use of data analytics would help the company accomplish its goals. Rationale is provided with evidence that supports the companies’ abilities to accomplish its goals. 24 Describe the challenges the companies may face by choosing to utilize business analytics. Challenges described are appropriate and likely to happen when utilizing business analytics. 28 Academic Writing Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA); and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Use of scholarly sources aligns with specified assignment requirements. Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Use of trade sources aligns with specified assignment requirements. 20 Total: 100