Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The goal of this discussion forum is to deepen your understanding of how working memory operates. For your initial post, complete the following steps:
- Watch the video entitled, Multi-Store Memory Model.
- Optional Support:
- Go to the Coglab to experience one of the procedures/tasks that scientists have used to investigate the functioning of short-term/working memory.
- Select one of the following experiments:
- Brown-Peterson Task (i.e., how short-term memories fade)
- Memory Span (i.e., how memory span depends on the nature of the items to remember immediately after presentation)
- Phonological Similarity Effect (i.e., how recall for items on a list is affected by how similar the items sound)
- Operation Span (i.e., a measure that predicts verbal abilities and reading comprehension even though the subjects are solving mathematical problems)
- Irrelevant Speech Effect (i.e., how recall for items on a list is affected by the presence of irrelevant speech) (Only covered in CogLab)
- Stenberg Search (i.e., a method for determining how information is retrieved from short-term memory) (Only covered in CogLab)
Keep in mind that each experiment illustrates a procedure/task that is used by scientists to understand how working (short-term) memory functions. Read the section of the textbook devoted to the selected experiment. Then, consider what participants’ performance on the selected task tells you about working memory and its strengths and weaknesses. Also, consider the extent to which the results of the selected experiment apply to real-life experiences and settings. Support your points with evidence from at least one peer-reviewed research article. Your initial post must be a minimum of 300 words.
Guided Response: Use a minimum of one scholarly source found at the Ashford Library or Google Scholar, to critically examine the procedure that you have selected and its results. Offer a substantial response to at least two other posts written by members of the class. You may respond to (a) a post that discusses a different procedure from the one that you have selected, (b) a post that discusses the same procedure, and (c) an inquiry from your instructor. Keep in mind that both peers and instructor are members of the class. In your answers, discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the content of each post. Be sure that you cite scientific evidence to support your views. A minimum of 200 words should be used for each response to other posts. Your response must be formatted according to APA style as outlined by the Ashford Writing Center. Be certain to continue monitoring the discussion board until 5 p.m. (Pacific Time) on Day 7 of the week.