What makes a life worth living?
What makes your life worth living? In 1-2 pages, explain your idea of what makes life meaningful and compare/contrast your view with Socrates’ idea that philosophy makes life worth living. Your discussion post should address the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Your own ideas about what makes life worth living
- The difference between philosophy and sophistry
- Socrates’s account of the philosophical life
- Remember to use supporting citations from the textbook and lectures in correct APA citation.
- Submit your response to the above discussion topic as your initial post to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
- After you post your initial submission, you must respond to at least two of your classmates, and to the professor when appropriate, by the end of the week, on at least two different days of the week.
What is Wisdom?
In a 3-4 page essay, address/discuss the following:
- Define “dialectic” and discuss how Socratic dialogue differs from other conversations.
- Illustrate your understanding with examples of some specific beliefs one might examine via the Socratic Method.
- Explain the difference between knowledge and opinion for Socrates as illustrated in the Meno and the Republic.
- Explore your own response to the question of whether human beings can ever know the truth for certain. Can we ever achieve perfect wisdom about the kinds of ideas philosophers explore? Why or why not?
Remember to use supporting citations from the textbook and online lectures in correct APA citation.
- Save your document as W1_Project_PHI2301_Lastname_Firstname.doc.