PLAGIARISM FREE- PLEASE FOLLOW DIRECTIONS
Patrol work is considered the backbone of policing, as patrol officers interact with the public throughout their shifts. Prevention of crime includes activities to keep the citizens safe and is a catalyst to improve the public–police relationship.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Imagine you are a senior police officer asked to give a presentation for new recruits to introduce them to patrol work and crime prevention strategies employed to maintain public safety. (Your title page should reflect this!)
Follow the assignment directions!
Create a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation* in which you:
- Explain the difference between patrol and these four other roles within a police department—crime analyst, dispatcher, detective, crime prevention specialist. Use a separate slide for each of the four.
- What are 3 functions of patrol work as noted in Chapter 7? Define and provide an example of each.
- Describe these patrol strategies and how they are used. Note how each affects crime and community relations—Hot spots, directed patrol, officer-initiated activity, service style of policing, legalistic style of policing.
- Identify at least two improvements or innovations that have been incorporated to aid in patrol. How does each improve police patrol work? [DO NOT use modes of transportation, radios, weapons, radars. Those will not count toward your score.]
- State the difference between reactive and proactive patrol strategies used by the police. Give examples. Explain how proactive patrol can help reduce crime.