- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the course discussions so far and any insights gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources if needed, use APA style as required, and check your spelling.
This week’s assignment will reflect on understanding how algebra fits into real-life scenarios, and you will work on:
- Understanding the study skills necessary for success in this course, getting ready for the course, tips for success, and managing time.
- Integers and solving equations that represent real-life situations using integers.
- Solving equations and problem-solving using properties of numbers for like terms, multiplication, and solving for the perimeter of triangles and area of a rectangle.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
After reading Chapter 1, Section 1.1., summarize in 500+ words answer the following questions and write what resonated with you and your takeaways for this Module.
Answer the following questions:
Define the following and give examples:
- Absolute value
- What is the absolute value: |-x| if x = -6
- Add: 34 + (-12) + (-11) + 213
- True/False: The sum of a positive number and a negative number is always a negative number.
- Explain the differences between the addition property of equality and the multiplication property of equality.
- How do you find the perimeter of a triangle? Area of a rectangle? Share the formula and show it in a diagram.
- What is the difference between an expression and an equation?
- What are the steps for “Solving an Equation” and explain?
- List the four steps of “Problem Solving” and elaborate on each step.
Length: 500+ words; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
Filename: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment 1.docx”).
M1 Assignment UMBO – 1, 4
M1 Assignment PLG – N/A
M1 Assignment CLO – 1, 2, 6, 7