Read Chapter 13 Nature, Knowledge, and Technology, page 377 to page 408. Watch the following videos to assist in your discussion assignment: EARTHWORKS. LAND ART. EARTH ART. Whatever you call it, we look at what it means to make art out in nature and in the world from the 1960s to today.
Use your reading of the chapter and viewing of the videos provided to discuss the following questions and topics with your fellow students:
- How does nature affect you personally?
- How does technology affect you in your daily life?
- Does art influence the way we view the natural world?
- How can nature or technology affect the way we see ourselves and how we interact with others? Compare and contrast the two.
- How do you think art is affected when artists use technology?
- Is it still art if mostly technology created the art instead of the direct hand of the artist?
- Can technology and art be used to impact the environmental issues of our planet?