The followingsix Program Outcomes capture a set of optimal expectations for performance at the completion of the baccalaureate degree by students who major in psychology at Walden. They are based on the fundamental skills and abilities underlying what all psychology majors should achieve as per APA Undergraduate Standards. When students have completed their requirements for the BS in Psychology at Walden University, they should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology.
- Understand and apply basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and interpretation.
- Respect and use critical and creative thinking, skeptical inquiry, and when possible, a scientific approach to solve problems related to behavior and mental processes.
- Understand and apply psychological principles to personal, social, and organizational issues.
- Tolerate ambiguity, act ethically, and reflect other values that are the underpinnings of psychology as a science serving a global society.
- Apply cultural competencies to effective and sensitive interactions with people from diverse backgrounds and cultural perspectives.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Review the six Program Outcomes for the Psychology program.
By Day 3
your response to the following:
of the outcomes. For each one, discuss a specific scenario you experienced that demonstrated your mastery of this outcome. For example, you might discuss how cultural awareness came into play in your professional life, how you identified a potential ethical issue at your internship, a time you were able to critically analyze a dubious claim in a class assignment, a time you were hired to design surveys, or what experience helped you finally understand the value of statistics. Be as specific as possible in your explanation of your