Serving Learning Organization
Get perfect grades by consistently using www.customizedassignments.com. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Serving Learning Organization
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
You have been hired by XYZ University as a consultant. The University leadership is thinking about requiring students to participate in a service learning project in order to graduate.As a case study, the leadership of the University has hired you to evaluate an organization to see if a service learning opportunity would benefit future students and the community. Your initial recommendation is due in week 5 and will be based on the research you collect over the next four weeks.
Week 1 Assignment:
- You should have chosen your social issue in the week 1 discussion. If not, be sure to do so before you begin this assignment.
- Your task is to find a national or international organization that is currently working to effect positive change for the issue you have chosen. For example, if you chose an environmental issue, you might decide to evaluate Greenpeace. Example social issues and organizations.
- XYZ University has required you to find and read the following peer-reviewed article in the EBSCO library. EBSCO Quick Guide.
Vizenor, N., Souza, T., & Ertmer, J. (2016). Benefits of participating in service-learning, business-related classes: Assessing the impact on community partners. Journal for Research in Business Education, 58(1), 1-15.
- You are required to cite the above article to support at least one claim you make in your week 1 assignment.Reference and Citation Quick Guide.
- Turn in a minimum of a 2-3 pages paper following APA guidelines. Click here for the web version of the APA sample paper. Click here for a downloadable version of the APA sample paper.
Complete the following steps.
Step 1: Introduction – Introduce the social issue you have selected. Explain to your reader why this issue is important and why they should be interested. What are the benefits of service learning in causing positive change for this issue? Provide at least one citation from a peer-reviewed article to support your claims in this section.
Step 2: Community Organization – Introduce the organization you have selected. Briefly describe the organization’s historical background. What is the primary focus of the organization? How does the organization meet the communities’ needs?Provide at least one citation from a peer-reviewed article to support your claims in this section.
Step 3: Conclusion – Provide a summary of the social issue and how the organization addresses the social issue. Summarize the benefits for students and the community of performing service learning at this organization.Provide at least one citation from a peer-reviewed article to support your claims in this section.
Step 4: References – On a separate reference page, list all the references you have cited in your paper to support your claims.
Initial Reflection Journal (How does this course connect to your goals)
Welcome to the week 1 reflection journal. Throughout the course you will reflect on your weekly research experience and make connections to previous learning as well as the university learning outcomes.
Grantham University Learning Outcomes
- Respect for Diversity
- Lifelong Learning
- Social, Ethical and Professional Responsibility
Please respond to all the following items in your reflection journal.
- What is your primary career goal?Why did you decide to go to college?What do you want from your college education?
- Describe a specific assignment, presentation, or project you worked on in the past that allowed you to develop the University Learning Objectives that are listed above?
- Which of the skills listed in the Grantham University Learning Outcomes do you feel you need to work on the most?Which of the Grantham University Learning Outcomes do you feel is your greatest strength?
- Describe how do you see service learning or community service helping you use your strengths and improve your weaknesses?
- Describe at least one possible bias you might have in researching your organization?
- How will you overcome this bias to present a fair view of the organization?
- Write down at least one question you have about your organization, your research project, or this course in general.