society and the media week 10
Get perfect grades by consistently using www.customizedassignments.com. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
This is the second of two (2) position papers based on the following scenario to be completed in this course.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Imagine that you are running for a state office (e.g., governor, senator, or representative) and you have to prepare a position paper for a debate on controversial issues in the news. (Select one (1) of the topics addressed in Weeks 5-9 of this class.) You will want your position paper to demonstrate critical thinking, sound logic, valid claims, personal passion, and credible support that is cited correctly because the paper will be provided to the news media before the debate and will be scrutinized by the media and reported on regarding these criteria. Your professor will serve as your close advisor whose job is to review the paper and provide feedback to you on the paper’s strengths and weaknesses.
Write a two to three (2-3) page (700 to 1,200 words) paper in which you:
- Introduce your position using a thesis statement in the first paragraph, including a quote, question, or statistic from your reliable sources and an overview of the main points you will cover. (It’s important to grab the audience’s interest and inform them of what the main and support points are.)
- Provide three or four (3-4) major points to support your thesis statement. (Put each major point in a separate paragraph.)
- Provide one (1) paragraph in which you identify and answer an expected argument against your view.
- Organized arguments and support for claims effectively.
- Demonstrate personal passion for your position and critical thinking with persuasive language, sound logic, valid claims, and credible support for the claims.
- Provide two to three (2-3) credible and reliable references (in addition to the text) about current events, which have been published in the last five (5) years and are cited correctly in the position paper. (Wikipedia is not an acceptable source.)