In this assignment, you will discuss the Square of Opposition.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Describe the Square of Opposition
- a. What is categorical logic?
- b. What is the purpose of the Square of Opposition?
- c. Identify key features of the Square of Opposition.
- d. Explain how the Square of Opposition is used to translate statements into standard-form claims and corresponding standard-form claims including description of the relationships that are depicted within the square.
- Identify the components of the A, E, I and O standard-form claims (or propositions).
- Using the diagram in your text as a guide, create one original example using an ordinary statement and translating it into standard-form claims (A, E, I and O statements) using the Square of Opposition. Identify the translation and claims in your example using the corresponding letter.
- a. For each corresponding standard-form claim, explain how you identified the translation and corresponding claims and their relationship to one another based on the relationships depicted on the square. In other words, explain why each choice of claim in your example is correct for that particular relationship.
- b. Example provided must be original and not taken from our lecture, textbook readings or online resources.
- Papers should be written in 12 point, Times New Roman, double-spaced.
- APA formatting is required for this assignment.
- Make sure that you provide an introduction paragraph, body paragraphs that address each required portion of the prompt and a conclusion.
- Essays should be completed using research to consistently support your presented points and ideas. Utilize a minimum of 2 resources to complete this assignment and be sure to consistently cite your sources in the content of your essay and provide a reference list. Try to avoid using a large amount of quotes. Summarize/ paraphrase information in your own words as much as possible to demonstrate what you have learned, but cite sources to provide credit for the ideas and concepts.
- Paper length requirement: 2-3 pages in addition to a title page and reference page.