Summarize Mannerist art
Get perfect grades by consistently using www.customizedassignments.com. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
1) Summarize Mannerist art.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2) Visit the Google Art Project: http://www.googleartproject.com/ (Links to an external site.). Go to the Frick Gallery and locate Giovanni Bellini’s St. Francis in the Desert. Examine the surface closely. When you have found one of the artist’s fingerprints in the paint, describe the location.
3) Compare and contrast Raphael’s School of Athens with Veronese’s Triumph of Venice. How did each work reflect its respective artistic environment? In what ways does the art of Venice contrast with that of Rome during the 16th century? Compare their subject matter and the different ways they created illusionistic space.( I uploaded the images )
4) Visit the National Gallery of Art’s exhibition of Venetian Renaissance painting ( http://www.nga.gov/collection/gallery/gg16/gg16-main1.html (Links to an external site.) ). Based on the information provided by the website and what you read in the textbook, answer the following questions. Provide the title, artist, and date.
- Find a work painting by Giorgione and Titian.
- Which painting might be a portrait of Vittoria Colonna?
- How do we know that the Infant Bacchus represents the god in winter?
- Which painting required x-rays to prove its authorship?
- Which painting is a good example of poesia?
5) Visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s website dedicated to Mannerism: Bronzing and his Contemporaries ( http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/zino/hd_zino.htm (Links to an external site.) ). View the paintings and read the text. Answer the following questions.
- Why is Salviati’s Portrait of a Man a good example of Mannerist portraiture strategies? (use either or both of the portraits on the website for your example)
- How does Parmigianino’s Annunciation illustrate Mannerist formal and thematic complexity?
- How are the figures in Vasari’s First Fruits of the Earth Offered to Saturn typically Mannerist?
6) Identify the roles women played in 16 th -century Italian art, both as artists and subjects. Cite specific examples in your answer.