TEXTBOOK: Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration
- Author: George D. Pozgar
- Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Publishers
- Edition: 14
Read the cases on pages 261 and 198 and answer the questions below.
Williams v. Kilgore:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Was the plaintiff’s malpractice action time-barred?
- Discuss the legal and ethical issues involved in the case (e.g., documentation in the medical record indicating that the needle fragment had been removed).
Hoffman v. Moore
- Was the hospital liable for the malpractice of Lina under the theory of respondeat superior?
- Under what conditions could the hospital have been liable for Lina’s alleged negligence?
- Can the patient recover damages from the radiologist who performed the radiologic procedure?
- Can the patient recover damages from the Pinehurst radiology group?