The Reproductive System
Utilizing knowledge from your learning and assigned readings, respond to the following questions:
- How does mitosis differ from meiosis?
- The release of FSH and LH from gonadotropes in the adenohypophysis is separately controlled by the same hypothalamic releasing hormone, GnRH. How is it possible to organize their secretion during the menstrual cycle?
- Your male patient is having a vasectomy and is concerned about testosterone levels after the procedure. Explain what he should expect after his vasectomy.
- Describe the process of spermatogenesis.
- What hormones promote ovulation? Describe how the levels of these hormones change in the days prior to ovulation.
- A contraceptive pill “tricks the brain” into thinking you are pregnant. What does this mean?