Treatment plan at the end!
Case Analysis – Treatment Format
Prior to beginning work on this week’s journal, read the
PSY650 Week Four Treatment Plan ,
Case 15: Borderline Personality Disorder in Gorenstein and Comer (2014), and Borderline Personality Disorder in Sneed et al., . (2012). Please also read the Rizvi, et al. (2013), “An Overview of Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Professional Psychologists,” Harned, et al. (2013), “Treatment Preference Among Suicidal and Self-Injuring Women with Borderline Personality Disorder and PTSD,” Miller (2006), “Telehealth Issues in Consulting Psychology Practice,” and Luxton, et al. (2011), “mHealth for Mental Health: Integrating Smartphone Technology in Behavioral Healthcare” articles.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Assess the evidence-based practices implemented in this case study. In your paper, include the following.
- Explain the connection between each theoretical orientation used by Dr. Bank’s and the interventions utilized in the case.
- Describe the concept of dialectical behavior therapy, being sure to include the six main points of this type of treatment.
- Explain Dr. Banks’s primary goal during the pre-treatment stage and how Dr. Banks related this to Karen in her initial therapy sessions.
- Describe the two formats that Dr. Banks told Karen would be part of her treatment program.
- Describe the focus of the second and third stages of treatment.
- Assume the role of a consulting clinical or counseling psychologist on this case, and recommend at least one technology-based e-therapy tool that would be useful. Explain liability issues related to delivering e-therapy consultation, supporting your response with information from the Miller (2006), “Telehealth Issues in Consulting Psychology Practice” article.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment interventions implemented by Dr. Banks supporting your statements with information from the case and two to three peer-reviewed articles from the Ashford University Library, in addition to those required for this week.
- Recommend three additional treatment interventions that would be appropriate in this case. Use information from the Sneed, Fertuck, Kanellopoulos, and Culang-Reinlieb (2012), “Borderline Personality Disorder” article to help support your recommendations. Justify your selections with information from the case.
The Case Analysis – Treatment Format
Must be 4 to 5 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the
Ashford Writing Center
(Links to an external site.)
Links to an external site.
Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two peer-reviewed sources from the Ashford University Library in addition to the article required for this week.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
PSY650 Week Four Treatment Plan Behaviorally Defined Symptoms: Karen displays extreme emotional reactions at the hint of perceived abandonment in a relationship. There is a history of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships, impulsive behaviors, and recurrent suicidal gestures. Diagnostic Impression: Borderline Personality Disorder Long-Term Goal: Terminate self-harming behaviors (substance abuse, cutting, and suicidal behaviors). Short-Term Goal: Reduce the frequency of maladaptive behaviors, thoughts, and feelings. Intervention 1: Dr. Banks will outline the process of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. Intervention 2: Karen will commit to attending group behavioral skills training and individual psychotherapy. Intervention 3: Karen will participate in imaginal exposure to trauma, until the memories no longer cause marked distressed. For additional information regarding Karen’s case history and the outcome of the treatment interventions, please see Dr. Bank’s session notes under Case 15 in Gorenstein and Comer’s (2015), Case Studies in Abnormal Psychology.