Understanding the factors associated with successful cyber attacks allows professionals to gain a better conceptual knowledge of trends and methodologies used by malicious actors. In this assignment, we will identify the methodologies used by attackers from a technological standing and research preventive measures that could have protected our systems.
View the “Cyber Operations Case Studies” video within the “Video Playlist: Penetration Testing and Risk Management,” located in the topic Resources.Research a recent (within the past 5 years) cyber operation conducted by an Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) within an academic journal. Write a 1,400- to 1,600-word case study and address the following:
- Potential motivations that may have prompted an entity to perform the cyber operation.
- Specific phases of a cyber operation in network traffic and which phases were utilized by the APT against the target.
- How might the targeted organization utilize a penetration test to identify flaws in the documentation and how could the penetration test have helped secure the network or system?
- How does a penetration test help support intellectual property from the perspective of the CIA triad?
- Summarize the laws that provide US entities the authority to perform cyber operations.
- Do the laws provide the organization that was attacked with the legal authority to hack back? Justify your answer.
- What appropriate business strategies would you implement to ensure the sustainability, availability, and reliability of your network? How are these strategies relevant to stakeholders within your organization?
- How would you apply appropriate qualitative and quantitative analytic methodologies to predict trends and communicate security strategies to meet business objectives?
- From a foundational position, how would the use of various tools, technologies, and concepts of a penetration test support confidentiality, integrity, and availability?
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Study Success Center. This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now