Vocabulary mapping supports the interoperability of health information systems by using controlled vocabularies to increase communication between these systems. Think of a scenario in which two health information systems would need to transmit data to each other. In your response:
- Identify the two health information systems.
- Give specific examples of ten terms these systems would need to transmit to each other.
- Discuss master data and their relationship to other tables.
- Distinguish between a SDO and a standard.
Guided response: Your initial post should be a minimum of 200-250 words.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources, excluding the textbook.
- Sources should be cited in APA format, as outlined in the Writing Center.
- You must respond to at least two of your classmate’s posts by Day 7.
- Your three required posts must be on three different days of the week.
- After reading the other initial postings, include two recommendations for one to one mapping.