Part 1: For this assignment, you will analyze the foods that make up a meal you eat at home on a regular basis (a minimum of 3 items).
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Perform an Internet search to find the “USDA Dietary Guidelines” that apply to you (age, gender, calorie count). This information should be readily available in a variety of locations including ChooseMyPlate.gov.
For the three (3) items you selected above, list the ingredients and nutritional information from each food label and then compare them to the USDA Daily Recommended guidelines.
Now that you have compared your sample meal to the USDA recommendations, write a short reflection describing how your eating habits compare to these recommendations.
Present Part 1 in a 1-2 page paper written in APA format.
Part 2: Create a flyer, pamphlet, or brochure that could be handed-out at a grocery store. It should reflect and incorporate information you have learned about Health Education/Promotion. The document can be created using a variety of Microsoft tools including: Word, PowerPoint, or Publisher. (If you would like to use a different tool, please discuss it with your instructor before proceeding.)
Your document should:
- take a clear position
- support the position with accurate information
- show awareness of the audience
- demonstrate passion/conviction
Please submit a References page in APA format.
Submit your completed assignment to the drop box below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as one of the following:
- Microsoft Word document (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.)
- Microsoft PowerPoint presentation (Mac users, please remember to append the “.pptx” extension to the filename.)
- Microsoft Publisher file (Mac users, please remember to append the “.pub” extension to the filename.)