You will be creating a PowerPoint presentation that addresses a major child development theorist and their corresponding theory. Using one of the
Child Development Theory Case Studies [PDF]
, apply the theorist’s ideas regarding child development within the parameters of a specific time period in that child’s life. Be sure to address the physical, social, and cognitive aspects of that particular time frame.
Child Development Theory PowerPoint Template [PPTX]
, and use it for your presentation. In your presentation, make sure you accomplish the following:
Choose a child development theorist and explain their theory of child development that you found to be interesting.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Please provide at least one scholarly article to utilize as supporting evidence for your work in this section.
- Write in full sentences in the notes section— this should be about three sentences.
- This will require at least two slides.
Based on the case study you select, describe the physical, social, and cognitive aspects of child development that are observed.
- Describe these aspects within a specific time period of a child’s development.
- Please provide at least two scholarly articles to support your ideas in this section.
- Write a minimum of four sentences in the notes section in a professional and scholarly manner.
- This will require at least three slides.
Apply the theorist’s ideas regarding child development to the child in the case study, within the parameters of the time frame discussed.
- Please provide at least two developmental markers that are either typical or atypical to the development of the child, which is why you are applying the theory in the first place.
- This will require at least three slides.
- Use at least one scholarly article to support your work in this section.
- Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a psychology professional.
Use APA style and format.
- Include a slide for your references that uses APA formatting.
- No notes are necessary for the reference slide.
Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, respectful, and consistent with expectations for professional practice in psychology. Original work and critical thinking are required. Your writing must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
Minimum of 10 slides, with notes ensure accessibility for everyone.
At least three scholarly resources other than the course text or assigned journal articles. Include citations at the end of the presentation.
Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines. When appropriate, use APA-formatted headings.
Font and font size:
Appropriate size and weight for presentation, generally 24- to 28-point for headings and no smaller than 18-point for bulleted text. For PowerPoint tips, refer to the Capella University Library: PowerPoint Presentations library guide.
CHILD DEVELOPMENT CASE STUDY
Jamie and Dana are parents to three children: Avery, age five; Jeremy, age two; and Marie, age three months. Both parents are non-drinkers, non-smokers, eat a vegan diet, and exercise regularly. During all three pregnancies and deliveries, Dana only took prenatal medications. She did not take pain management medications during deliveries, and no complications reported. Jamie is a grocery store manager for a major chain and Dana works as a local bank teller. The family owns a home, two vehicles, one cat, one dog, and a chinchilla. During one week every summer, the family takes a camping trip to the Adirondack Mountains. Dana is returning to work this week after her 12-week leave since giving birth to Marie.
CHOSEN CASE STUDY FOR ASSIGNMENT
Marie, age three months, is a bouncing baby girl. She is 13 pounds, 23 inches long, and is fed primarily with breast milk. She recently began holding her head up on her own, gripping and rattling toys, and has been sleeping in six-hour stretches. She enjoys seeing her brother and sister daily, and recently began to giggle and smile when they come into her view or if she hears them. Marie and Jeremy will be brought to an in-home daycare together while Dana and Jamie are working. Since Dana has returned to work, Marie has begun waking and crying multiple times at night again.